Netflix, for years, was notoriously tight-lipped about its viewership. However after just a few years of dropping stats for a few of its programming, Netflix launched a web site in mid-November posting charts of its hottest exhibits and films from the previous week, in addition to a worldwide rating of its all-time most watched titles.
The charts, that are up to date each week and ranked by the whole variety of hours that subscribers spent watching them, symbolize an unprecedented trove of knowledge about what’s well-liked on Netflix. The location particulars the most well-liked titles within the final week not solely globally but in addition for greater than 90 international locations. And it is meant to assist subscribers such as you get a greater sense of the largest hits on the world’s largest subscription streaming service, within the hopes you will uncover one thing new to observe.
The corporate updates its weekly “High 10 on Netflix” each Tuesday, based mostly on hours considered from Monday via Sunday the earlier week for unique and licensed titles. Netflix’s rankings are damaged down into high 10 charts for movies in English, TV in English, movies in non-English languages and TV in non-English languages.
A rating of all-time most watched titles additionally lives on the positioning, detailing exhibits which have probably the most viewing hours of their first 28 days of launch. Netflix additionally has these cut up into movies in English, TV in English, movies in non-English languages and TV in non-English languages — however for our charts beneath, we do not differentiate between language.
If a brand new season releases its episodes in two components on totally different dates, Netflix counts the watch time of the primary quantity’s episodes for his or her first 28 days, then it counts the watch time of the second quantity’s episodes for his or her first 28 days. These all-time rankings are additionally up to date each Tuesday, every time any packages make it into the charts in the course of the week prior.
Why you will not see Glass Onion within the rankings (but)
Reveals and films want sustained reputation in lots of international locations to crack into the all-time most watched charts. Meaning you’ll be able to see titles with “High 10” badges in Netflix’s app for days, however they nonetheless might not be producing sufficient hours of viewing to make the all-time rankings.
For instance, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Thriller, the whodunit movie sequel to 2019’s Knives Out, has generated 82.1 million hours within the first three days since its launch Friday. It nonetheless has heaps extra time in its 28-day window to generate watch-time. However movies want greater than 200 million hours streamed and TV exhibits want practically half a billion hours to make it onto the all-time listing. Even the most well-liked exhibits and films want a number of weeks and enduring consideration to build up sufficient.
Netflix’s most watched TV sequence, ranked
The next are Netflix’s most watched sequence, based mostly on Netflix’s personal reporting of whole hours considered within the first 28 days of every titles’ launch. Once more, if a brand new season releases its episodes in two volumes on totally different dates, Netflix counts the watch time of the primary quantity’s episodes for his or her first 28 days, then it counts the watch time of the second quantity’s episodes for his or her first 28 days.
Any modifications within the rankings from the earlier week are in daring textual content.
- Squid Sport (season 1), a Korean survival thriller — 1.65 billion hours.
- Stranger Issues (season 4), a retro sci-fi sequence — 1.35 billion hours.
- Wednesday, a coming-of-age supernatural darkish comedy — 1.24 billion hours
- Dahmer, a true-crime serial killer sequence — 856.2 million hours.
- Cash Heist (half 5), a Spanish-language thriller — 792.2 million hours.
- Bridgerton (season 2), a interval romance — 656.3 million hours. >
- Bridgerton (season 1) — 625.5 million hours.
- Cash Heist (half 4) — 619 million hours.
- Stranger Issues (season 3), a retro sci-fi sequence — 582.1 million hours.
- Lucifer (season 5), a fantasy police procedural — 569.5 million hours.
- All of Us Are Useless, a Korean zombie thriller going down in a highschool — 560.8 million hours.
- The Witcher (season 1), a fantasy present — 541 million hours.
- Inventing Anna, a true-crime restricted sequence a couple of faux socialite — 511.9 million hours
- 13 Causes Why (season 2), a controversial teen drama — 496.1 million hours.
Former top-ranking exhibits which have been bumped out of Netflix’s official all-time charts:
- Ozark (season 4), a criminal offense drama sequence — 491.1 million hours.
- The Witcher (season 2) — 484.3 million hours.
- 13 Causes Why (season 1) — 475.6 million hours
- Maid, a restricted sequence a couple of younger mom fleeing abuse — 469.1 million hours.
- You (season 3), a psychological thriller — 467.8 million hours.
- You (season 2) — 457.4 million hours.
- Stranger Issues (season 2) — 427.4 million hours.
- Cash Heist (half 3) — 426.4 million hours.
- Intercourse Training (season 3), a British teen dramedy — 419 million hours.
- Ginny & Georgia (season 1), a dramedy a couple of younger mother and youngsters — 381 million hours.
- Extraordinary Legal professional Woo (season 1), a South Korean authorized drama — 402.5 million hours.
- Café con Aroma de Mujer (season 1), a Colombian telenovela — 326.9 million hours.
- Lupin (half 1), a French heist present — 316.8 million hours.
- Elite (season 3), a Spanish teen drama — 275.3 million hours.
- Who Killed Sara? (season 1), a Mexican thriller thriller — 266.4 million hours.
- Elite (season 4) — 257.1 million hours.
- The Queen of Move (season 2), a musical Colombian telenovela — 230.3 million hours.
- Lupin (half 2) — 214.1 million hours.
- Darkish Need (season 1), a Mexican dramatic thriller — 213 million hours.
Netflix’s most watched motion pictures, ranked
The next are Netflix’s most watched motion pictures, based mostly on Netflix’s personal reporting of whole hours considered within the first 28 days of every titles’ launch. Any modifications are in daring textual content.
- Pink Discover, an motion film starring Dwayne Johnson, Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynolds — 364 million hours.
- Do not Look Up, a darkish comedy with a star-packed forged — 359.8 million hours.
- Hen Field, a post-apocalyptic film starring Sandra Bullock — 282 million hours.
- The Grey Man, a CIA motion thriller — 253.9 million hours.
- The Adam Venture, a sci-fi journey comedy — 233.2 million hours.
- Extraction, an motion film starring Chris Hemsworth — 231.3 million hours.
- Purple Hearts, a romantic drama a couple of musician marrying a Marine — 228.7 million hours.
- The Unforgivable, a drama a couple of lady rebuilding her life after jail — 214.7 million hours.
- The Irishman, a interval Mafia epic directed by Martin Scorsese– 214.6 million hours.
- The Kissing Sales space 2, a teen rom-com sequel — 209.3 million hours.
Former top-ranking motion pictures which have been bumped out of Netflix’s official all-time charts:
- 6 Underground, a Michael Bay explosion-fest starring Ryan Reynolds — 205.5 million hours.
- Spenser Confidential, an action-comedy starring Mark Wahlberg — 197.3 million hours.
- Enola Holmes, a interval detective movie — 189.9 million hours.
- Military of the Useless, a heist set in a zombie apocalypse — 187 million hours.
- The Outdated Guard, an action-thriller starring Charlize Theron — 186 million hours.
- Homicide Thriller, a comedy starring Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston — 170 million hours.
Netflix seems to have by no means launched a non-English-language movie that generated sufficient viewing hours to make it into an total top-watched rating. However further extensively watched non-English language motion pictures on Netflix have included:
- Troll, a Norwegian monster film — 152.4 million hours.
- Blood Pink Sky, a German/British motion horror movie set throughout a airplane hijacking — 110.5 million hours.
- The Platform, a Spanish social commentary wrapped in a horror movie — 108.1 million hours.
- All Quiet on the Western Entrance, a German conflict drama — 101.4 million hours.
- Black Crab, a Swedish apocalyptic conflict thriller starring Noomi Rapace — 94.1 million hours.
- By My Window, a Spanish teen romance — 92.4 million hours.
- The Takedown, a French cop comedy — 78.6 million hours.
- Beneath Zero, a Spanish motion thriller a couple of breakout from a jail transport automobile — 78.3 million hours.
- Loving Adults, a Danish thriller about an extramarital affair — 67.3 million hours.
- My Title is Vendetta, an Italian crime/motion movie — 67.3 million hours.
Former top-ranking non-English motion pictures which have been bumped out of the non-English high 10 embrace:
- Rogue Metropolis, a French motion thriller about an unorthodox staff of cops — 66.6 million hours.
- Carter, a South Korean motion thriller a couple of man who wakes up with no recollections and a voice in his ear — 65.4 million hours
- The Forgotten Battle, a Dutch World Warfare II movie — 60.9 million hours.
- Stressed, a French motion thriller — 59.1 million hours.
- Misplaced Bullet, like a Quick & Livid film however French — 58.3 million hours
- Spoiled Brats, a French comedy about wealthy siblings tricked into incomes their very own residing — 56.9 million hours.
- #Alive, a South Korean film a couple of gamer’s bid to outlive the zombie apocalypse — 54.6 million hours.
- House Sweepers, a South Korean house western with a weaponized child-android — 53.3 million hours
- The Final Mercenary, a French motion film starring Jean-Claude Van Damme — 52.1 million hours.
- Simply One other Christmas, a Brazilian Christmas comedy — 48 million hours.