What’s Google Firebase?
Google Firebase is a set of cloud-based growth instruments that helps cellular app builders construct, deploy and scale their apps.
What are the Google Firebase options?
Firebase gives a wide range of options, together with the next:
- Authentication. Firebase gives a safe and straightforward approach for customers to signal into their app. Builders can use Firebase Authentication to assist e mail and password login, Google Signal-In, Fb Login and extra.
- Realtime Database. The Firebase Realtime Database is a cloud-hosted NoSQL database that lets organizations retailer and sync information in actual time throughout all of their customers’ units. This makes it simple to construct apps which can be at all times updated, even when customers are offline.
- Cloud Messaging. Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) is a service that lets companies ship messages to their customers’ units, even when they don’t seem to be utilizing the app. Builders can use FCM to ship push notifications, replace app content material, and extra.
- Crashlytics. Firebase Crashlytics is a service that helps organizations observe and repair crashes of their app. Crashlytics gives detailed reviews on crashes, to allow them to shortly determine the foundation trigger and repair the issue.
- Efficiency Monitoring. Firebase Efficiency Monitoring gives insights into the efficiency of their app. Organizations can use Efficiency Monitoring to trace metrics like CPU utilization, reminiscence utilization and community site visitors.
- Check Lab. Firebase Check Lab is a cloud-based service that lets builders check their app on a wide range of units and configurations. This helps them make sure the app works properly on a wide range of units and in several community situations.
What’s the worth for Google Firebase?
Firebase affords a free plan with 1 GB of real-time database storage and one paid subscription plan, which incorporates the next:
- Blaze Plan. The Blaze Plan is a pay-as-you-go plan with pricing growing as customers scale. Whereas Blaze Plan pricing calculator allows customers to find out month-to-month complete pricing based mostly on their utilization necessities of every Firebase part used underneath the Blaze Plan, a number of of the bottom expenses embrace $5 per gigabyte of real-time database storage, $0.026 per gigabyte of storage ($0.12 per gigabyte downloaded) and $0.01 per authentications after the primary 10,000.
Is Google Firebase safe?
All of Firebase’s information facilities are SOC 2 Kind 2 and ISO 27001 licensed. Firebase additionally makes use of a wide range of safety measures to guard your information, together with the next:
- Knowledge encryption. All of Firebase’s information is encrypted at relaxation and in transit.
- Position-based entry management. Firebase makes use of role-based entry management (RBAC) to present granular management over who can entry utility information.
- Audit logging. Firebase logs all entry to information, so companies can observe who has accessed utility information and when.
What are the use circumstances for Google Firebase?
Firebase is utilized by a wide range of corporations, together with Airbnb, Coca-Cola and Pinterest. A few of the methods Firebase is used embrace the next:
- Authentication. Firebase is used to authenticate customers in apps like Airbnb and Pinterest.
- Realtime Database. The Firebase Realtime Database is used to retailer and sync information in actual time in apps like Uber and Snapchat.
- Cloud Messaging. Firebase Cloud Messaging is used to ship messages to customers’ units in apps like Fb and Twitter.
- Crashlytics. Firebase Crashlytics is used to trace and repair crashes in apps like Google Maps and Gmail.
- Efficiency Monitoring. Firebase Efficiency Monitoring is used to trace the efficiency of apps like Spotify and Netflix.
- Check Lab. Firebase Check Lab is used to check apps on a wide range of units and configurations in apps like Slack and Zoom.
Discover the advantages — and tradeoffs — of a cellular SDK and examine net and cellular testing instruments from AWS, Microsoft and Google.
This was final up to date in Might 2023
Proceed Studying About Google Firebase